Saturday, September 1, 2007

John Connery Exhibition, Galway

A good artist friend of mine has just begun a new exhibition in Galway, Ireland. John Connery has been painting professionally for what must be 15 years or more, though I'm sure he will forgive me if that information is not totally accurate. I always enjoyed John's company whenever I lived in Ireland and have been a great fan of his work for some time. Actually I have one of John's paintings in my personal collection.

Unfortunately, John has been a bit poorly lately, so I'm not sure if he even managed to get to the opening of his exhibition in person. I will hopefully get to see the show when I return to Ireland in a week or so, but in the meantime I have downloaded one of the images for all to see here. John, if you read this, I hope your feeling a lot better soon, and the best of luck with the show!




It's entitled 'The Quiet Man Bridge'. This little bridge situated a few miles outside Galway city was made famous in the film 'The Quiet Man' starring John Wayne. It's my absolute favourite film of all time and one I never get tired of watching over and over again! Can't wait to see it again.


Check out John's exhibition at the Kenny Gallery, Galway. http://www.kennys.ie/

No comments: