Sunday, June 28, 2009

SOME EXERPTS FROM FUTURE ARTICLES

I thought I would take the opportunity to release some excerpts of the future articles for the newspaper while I still have access to the internet. I may not have access in a few days so I will include overviews of each country in a few quick blog entries now. Here is the first...... but no photographs yet of course.

Over the last few months I have been planning an extended train journey that will shortly see me fly to Beijing and take the Trans-Mongolian Express through China and on to Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. My journey continues onwards to Irkutsk and Lake Baikal in Russia and right across the vastness of the Russian Steppes to Moscow and St. Petersburg before ending in Copenhagen in Denmark in August. The trip shall take approximately five to six weeks and cover eight time zones, and I have agreed with the CoastRider to publish a weekly article on my experiences while making the journey for you all to read about. The first leg of the journey will have already started by now with a trip back to Ireland initially, but in the coming weeks I hope to give you an insight into countries and cultures quite alien to most westerners. Sometime towards the end of the year, in conjunction with fellow artist and travelling companion Rita Hee, we intend to put all our experiences together to create an exhibition of images, words and sketches based on the trip, so watch this space.

No comments: